Thank you for visiting Vendo. It is our mission to create a safe and trusted marketplace for the people and businesses of South Africa.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
1.1 Welcome to the Website of VendoShop, owned by Simpil Solutions (Registration Number 2019/312547/07), in this document referred to as (“VendoShop”, “we”, “us” or, “our”). Our Website is currently located at https://vendoshop.co.za (“Website”).
1.2 VendoShop collects Personal Information and other information from the user (“you”) of our Website, when you interact with the Website. Personal Information is information which in terms of applicable legislation identifies, or could reasonably be associated with you. We recognise the importance of protecting your privacy in respect of your Personal Information and are committed to protecting and preserving the Personal Information of all visitors to our Website;
1.4 By using our Website, you agree to VendoShop, its directors, consultants, employees, agents and subcontractors, affiliates and related third parties to process (which will include collecting, using and disclosing) your Personal Information for the purposes stated in this Policy.
1.5 If you do not agree with any of our processing activities described in this Policy, please do not use the Website.
2. WHAT INFORMATION OF YOURS IS COLLECTED AND HOW?
2.1 We have two ways of collecting information
from you when you use our Website, the details of
which will be explained in detail below:
· Information you specifically provide to us by using forms and input fields on our Website (“Submitted Information”); and
· Information that may be collected from you anonymously (“Anonymous Information”).
2.2 We may collect Personal Information from you when you actively interact with our Website in any number of ways. These interactions include, but are not limited to the following:
· When you register as a user on our Website;
· When you place orders for goods or Services advertised on our Website;
· When you interact with any forms on our Website;
· When you use any of the Social Media Services available on our Website;
· When you book for any events that may be advertised on our Website;
· When you subscribe to any of our newsletters;
· When subscribing to a service;
· When entering a competition of promotion;
· When participating in a survey offered on the Website;
· When posting a comment, a review, a reply or a recommendation on this Website
2.3 We strive to collect only that Personal Information which is necessary for the intended purpose of the collection. The Personal Information we collect and process may include, but is not limited to:
· Your full names;
· Identity numbers;
· Passport numbers;
· Date of birth;
· Marital status;
· Email address;
· Physical address;
· Telephone numbers;
· Information relating to your gender;
· Information relating to your occupation;
· A profile photo;
· Banking Details (in order to make payments to you).
2.4 With each visit to our Website, we may automatically and anonymously collect and store certain technical information about you. Some of this information may be Personal Information and includes, but is not limited to the following-
· Your Internet Protocol (IP) address which is used to connect your computer to the Internet;
· Your operating system, browser type and platform for system administration;
· Information about your use of our Website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you accessed;
· Your location data and other communication data;
· Third Party Tracking Tools – refer to paragraph 3;
· Cookies – refer to paragraph 4.
3. THIRD PARTY TRACKING TOOLS
3.1 We may use tools on our Website provided by third party service providers to track your visits to and activity on our Website (“Third Party Tracking Tools”), which we may use mainly to obtain statistics of how users like you use our Website, to improve our Website’s performance and ranking and to improve the features and user experience of our Website.
3.2 The information collected by Third Party Tracking Tools are collected automatically and anonymously – no Personal Information is collected.
3.3 The collection of information by these Third-Party Tracking Tools are done and managed by parties over who we have no control. We will therefore not be responsible or held accountable in any way for the manner in which this information is collected, processed, stored or shared by such third parties.
4.2 We may use two types of cookies:
· First party cookies
Also called session cookies – This type of cookie contains a randomly generated number and allows the browser to remember your selections. It expires when you close the browser and contains no personally identifiable information.
· Third party cookies
These cookies are mainly used to collect anonymous website statistics such as the number of visitors in a month, average duration of visits and popular pages viewed. This data is used to review and improve the site. It can also be used and placed by applicable social networks if you share pages via social networks. This is done in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
5. HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1 We will only collect, use, disclose or otherwise process your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. We will not use your Personal Information for any purposes, not mentioned in this Policy without your consent.
5.2 When you provide us with your Personal Information, we may use your information to, without limitation –
· Provide you with the full intended benefits of a registered user of our Website;
· Provide you with news, special offers and general information about goods, services or events advertised or otherwise made available on our Website;
· Notify you about any changes to our Website, our products and services or changes to any of our policies;
· Directly market our products or services or related products or services to you in accordance with paragraph 10;
· Gather information in order for us to improve our offering to you;
· Monitor the usage of our Website;
· Do our own market research.
· Send you publications and newsletters which you have subscribed to receive;
· Communicate with you regarding seminars and events.
6. HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
6.1 We may disclose your Personal Information to our third-party service providers, where necessary. In such cases:
· We require that our third-party service providers take appropriate, reasonable, technical and organisational measures to keep your Personal Information secure;
· Our service providers may not use or disclose Personal Information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf;
6.2 We may also disclose your Personal Information:
· when such disclosure is necessary to protect the legitimate interests (safety, property or other rights) of VendoShop, our directors, employees, consultants, or any other person, or
· where required or permitted to do so by law; or
· if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any Court order or other legal obligation.
6.3 There is a possibility that the Personal Information that we collect from you may have to be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the Republic of South Africa (for example, by a third-party data hosting service provider).
6.4 If your Personal Information may be transferred outside of South Africa, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is processed by such third party service providers for the purposes for which it has been provided to us and that the required levels of protection have been implemented by such third party service providers to safeguard your Personal Information. Other than these steps, we have no control over how your Personal Information is used by such third-party providers. We will therefore not be responsible or held accountable in any way for the manner in which this information is collected, processed, stored or shared by such third parties.
6.5 In some cases, we may de-identify your Personal Information (which means that we delete any information that can be used to identify you) (“De-Identified Information”). You agree that once your Personal Information has been de-identified, we may share such De-Identified Information to our agents, advisers, service providers and suppliers.
7. HOW DO WE SAFEGAURD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will take all appropriate and reasonable, technical, organizational and contractual measures to safeguard your Personal Information to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised sharing or destruction of your Personal Information or unlawful access to or processing of your Personal Information. While we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue, on an ongoing basis, to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your Personal Information remains secure.
8. FOR HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
8.1 We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it, unless –
· It is required by law to keep a record of this information for a longer period of time, or
· We need to keep the record of this information for another lawful purpose, or
· There is a contractual obligation to keep this information for a longer period, or
· The user has consented to their information being kept for a longer period.
8.2 We may retain De-Identified Information for as long as we deem necessary for historical, statistical, or research purposes.
9. CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
9.1 By using this Website in any manner which will allow us to collect Personal Information, we will ask you to verify that you are 18 years or older. If you continue to use our Website after such verification, we will assume that you are 18 years or older and that we can process your Personal Information in terms of this Policy.
9.2 We will not process any Personal Information relating to a person under the age of 18 years unless we have obtained consent from that person’s parent or legal guardian. If this Website is being accessed by the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 18 years, and Personal Information pertaining to that child is being provided by the parent or legal guardian, then they expressly consent to us processing such information.
10. DIRECT MARKETING
10.1 We may use your Personal Information to directly market our products or services or any related products or services to you. Such marketing will be done by way of electronic communication and may take the form of –
· Text messages/SMS;
· Via social media networks such as: Facebook, Instagram, and Google.
10.2 By using our Website and providing us with the relevant Personal Information, you consent to us processing your Personal Information for the purpose of direct marketing to you, by means of electronic communications. Such direct marketing electronic communication may include, but is not limited to:
· Communication from us regarding new products and services;
· Communication from businesses that may be advertising on our Website;
· Communication from businesses that are members of our VendoShop network.
10.3 You may object, free-of-charge and without formality, to the use of your details for direct marketing purposes, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to opt out of receiving further marketing communications from us should you wish to do so.
11. HOW TO ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
11.1 We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and complete. We suggest that you regularly update your Personal Information.
11.2 You have the right to request access to any of your Personal Information that is held by us at any time and for any purpose, including to request that we correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or delete the Personal Information. We will only delete your Personal Information if we are no longer required to retain it by law or for any other legitimate purpose.
11.3 Requests to access, change or delete Personal Information held on you in accordance with this Policy, can be made to email@example.com. To ensure that such request is coming from you, we reserve the right to request any form of suitable identification from you, before processing such request.